It probably would be a bit more visually stimulating if I nixed the spinach on the first part of this title, but sorry, no can do. It’s what makes these muffins so incredibly healthy!
I’m always looking for ways to sneak in my daily nutrients, especially when it comes to all things green. I’ve adopted a semi raw/vegan lifestyle recently without even being formally aware.
I find in my google histories lots of “green smoothie recipes”,”healthy swap ins for dinner” and of course “quick and healthy desserts”.
This particular recipe was adapted from Fitsugar. They originally made it from a leftover banana smoothie recipe but of course I had to complicate things and include three nutritional powerhouses. (Give me an S, Give me a B, and give me another B!”)
Without further complications, I present to you my version of the great smoothie muffins:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 strawberries
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 handful fresh blueberries
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1/4 c pure cane sugar
- 1 tbsp. chia seed (optional)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine bananas, spinach, strawberries, and blueberries in blender.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, sugar, eggs, baking soda, cinnamon and oil.
- Pour smoothie mixture into bowl mixture and stir until thick.
- Place in muffin tins and bake for 25-30 minutes.
*I used my mini babycakes muffin maker which yielded 16 muffins. I topped them with Earth Balance one morning, peanut butter the next, & cookie butter the last. (Clearly a fat craving week it was!)
What’s the healthiest version of a meal you’ve made?
Peace, love, and nutritional powerhouses!