The B…B…B…Best Protein Smoothie

No, I did not stutter. The three B’s were intentional.

Have you ever tasted something so damn good that you wished you had an IV or lifetime supply right under your nose? Or that you just had to offend you grammar school teacher by placing three B’s in front of it? It’s called being passionate.

I have fiery passion with several foods…okay, mainly desserts, who are we kidding?

But nonetheless, it’s a bad habit that cannot be tamed.

If you made a pie chart (can’t stop with the food references) of my brain, you would find 70% of my day is spent thinking, dreaming, and salivating about food. dessert. chocolate. The other 30% is a combo of fitness, heels and music.

I also get cravings. Just like any other human walking the planet. (and if you don’t- please, you are not homosapien).

My cravings alternate between salty and sweet, with an emphasis of sweet lately.

I decided I’d be a good little girl and create a protein packed but still totally sweet for my tastebuds smoothie.

Anyone want to take a stab at what the three B’s I used were? I’ll give you a hint…they are all fruit!

photo-103

Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 1 handful of frozen blackberries
  • 1 handful of blueberries
  • 1 c almond milk
  • 1 tbsp. chia seed
  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • 2 celery heart stalks
  • 1 scoop Sunwarrior chocolate protein powder
  • a handful of Enjoy Life chocolate chips (for decoration)

Throw into a blender and start s-s-stuttering over your BBBBBB’s! 😉

What are your favorite mixins for a summer smoothie? Do you use protein powder for flavor?

Peace, love, and smoothies!

~C.C.D.

This entry was posted in Recipes and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*