Christmas is here! Christmas is here! Christmas is here!
To make the season even more aligned, there’s REAL snow outside, meaning it’s an actual WHITE CHRISTMAS.
To take it a step further, I’m sharing with all of you a recipe that I’m calling my “presents” to all of you.
(this was adapted from a recipe on epicurious)
Maple Shortbread Bars
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/3 c confectioners sugar (or reg sugar)
- 1/2 c butter (melted)
- 1 c shredded coconut
- 2/3 c maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Stir flour and sugar together, cut in butter until crumbly. Press into pan and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
2. While crust is baking, combine coconut, syrup, and salt in a small saucepan stirring frequently until coconut absorbs syrup. (about 10 minutes)
3. Spread mixture over warm crumb crust mixture and return to oven for 10 minutes.
4. Cut into squares while warm.
Shockingly, thèse don’t taste like your on an island. I was worried the coconut would throw off any sign of Christmas in your mouth. These are best served warm as they begin to caramelize after a few hours!
Have you tried out any new recipes this Christmas?
Peace, love, and merriment!