When I say pumpkin, you say how much?
To say I’m obsessed with pumpkin would be the greatest understatement ever made. I have been consuming so much within the past month or so that my skin has adopted an orange hue. (And I don’t fake and bake or use Jersey Shore bronzer, so that’s ruled out as a reason.)
The past week has hit my sweet tooth especially hard. I am a huge fan of giving into any craving you may have, as long as it doesn’t involve a timed eating contest.
I decided to actually use my brain, take a walk on the wild side, and instead of grabbing for a dark chocolate bar, I whipped up these little bebes instead:
Vanilla Protein Pumpkin Muffins
Into the blender went…
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 scoop Garden of Life Vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg
- 3 handfuls of rolled oats
- 3 tbsp. pumpkin butter
- dash of nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger
- pinch of baking soda and baking powder
- 1/4 cup of vanilla cake mix (optional)
*The pepitas were thrown on in muffin pan before baking*
Simply pour into muffin molds and bake!
(I used Babycakes mini muffin/cupcake cooker- so these cooked approximately 24 mini muffins and took about 45 minutes to complete.)
In a regular oven, set to 350 and bake for 15-18 minutes.
The outcome: Most of the time I shy away from baking with protein powder because the taste is a bit overpowering, but these were the perfect mix of both protein powder and other ingredients! The vanilla taste blends well with the pumpkin.
- I would say use 1/2 a scoop of the powder if you aren’t thrilled by lots of vanilla.
- Add in the cake mix if you like a fluffy muffin. They will be extremely moist and pancake batter-like if you don’t.
Do you like to bake? Please tell me you love pumpkin as much as I do?
Peace, love, and pumpkin!