I am no stranger to the smell, taste, or sight of chocolate. Obviously…as this blog was appropriately named, because of my unhealthy obsession with it.
When I opened my foodie pen pals package this month, it was a sheer woofing fest! I may have been a bit irritable and I may have actually needed to inhale that entire cookie you see below. (BTW- Cookie was the size of two of my hands or maybe one NBA player’s to give you a better picture) Some things in life girls deem necessary.
My match this month was Dawn of Bare It All Fitness. She basically delivered a bundle of chocolate joy…with a side of ESP. A few things inside the package I had just been thinking I must try…and with her sixth sense, she must have known.
So here we go…inside was:
1) Alternative Baking Company’s Double Chocolate Decadence Cookie (INHALED UPON OPENING. NO MANNERS WHAT SO EVER)
2) Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels– these were another thing I could’ve literally inhaled in five seconds
3) PB2- (chocolate flavor) I had just been tweeting about how badly I wanted this- so good!
4) Supreme Protein Bars– Peanut Butter Pretzel Twist & Caramel Nut Chocolate (stolen by the boyfriend- he could honestly be their spokesperson)
5) Two sample packs of Agave– love these- I pick these up in my health food store and needed some more…thanks for reading my mind! 🙂
6) Green & Black’s Hot Chocolate Mix– Haven’t tried this yet- am dying to. Fall is around the corner. Problem solved.
7) Two lollipops– Sad story- doggies got them before I had the chance to taste
8) Spiru-tein Smores Protein– Another I have not tried yet, but hope to soon!
My foodie pen pal was in the process of starting her blog when I mailed her goodies, so I’m not sure if she posted or not. It would be helpful to have a URL for you all but braniac me forgot to ask her in our e-mail exchange. Sorry Kaitlyn!
Did I tempt ya with all these wonderful goodies?
Here are the details for signing up:
On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at email@example.com to get involved!
So there you have it…another month, another pen pal, another belly and palate fully satisfied!
What did you get in your package this month?
Peace, love, and pen pals!