I don’t usually curse unless someone has eaten the last of my cookies or unless a food is just. that. good. (i.e.- Chocolate Lava Cake, Pasta Bolognese, or Tuna Salad) This post title was well deserving of that!
In my Foodie Pen Pals package this month, I received a Trader Joe’s haul, which I was elated about! I don’t have the chance to frequent TJ’s as I live in the boonies and these are usually located where civilizations are thriving.
That being said, I tend to savor every last morsel of food I purchase from TJ’s whenever I have the chance to go. The same will continue with the awesome package I received from Chung-Ah!
If you aren’t familiar with Chung-Ah, she blogs over at Damn Delicious and it’s very easy to become sidetracked as all of her amazing recipes and posts definitely live up to her blog name itself!
Here’s what I received:
1. Trader Joe’s Juice In A Box (Pomegranate and Lime flavor)– Never had this stuff. I would never think to pick up a combo like this, but I have to say it was a winner. I created a nice bev after a hard day’s work of Sauvignon Blanc and this. I also was craving the flavor again, so the second picture is off blended raspberries, blackberries, & Sauvignon Blanc. (Half way to sangria?)
3. This Blueberry Walks Into A Bar. haha, I always get a kick out of these! I loved these and they proved to be great pre-workout snacks or mashed up half in a smoothie in the morning.
4. Banana Chips. Huge banana lover to begin with, so these were no exception. I added these to a trail mix one day and the next I simply chowed down on them sans anything else.
5. Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Seeds. Chung-Ah advised me in her note that these were the best and I have to say she was right! You all know I would do anything for chocolate, dark chocolate especially, so these were a great choice!
6. Apple Banana Fruit Strips. I usually don’t eat many of these due to the high sugars, but these weren’t bad! It was only 50 cals and 13 carbs which I burned off like a beast in the gym. The taste was delish too!
Who else is a Trader Joe’s lover? What’s your must-have foods when you go?
Check out what I sent Laura of Becoming The Odd Duck this month!
That’s all for this edition of #FPP. If any of you are interested in participating next month, here are the details:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for July, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by July 4th as pairings will be emailed on July 5th!
*If you’re from somewhere besides the US, Canada or Europe and want to participate, send Lindsay an email and she’ll see if we get enough interest this month!