Baby it’s cold outside is even an underestimate of the cold that’s outside. I legitimately experienced hand icicles when my water bottle decided to have a mind of its own and splashed my hands.
Anyway- after noshing on one too many pita crisps and lowfat ice cream, I decided dinner was going to be nutritious.
With ambition by my side and snack food trying to hold me back, a trip to the grocery store yielded pleasant results. Lately, I have literally all chickened out. Like most, I go through phases. (Seriously though- I don’t think I can see chicken for at least two months.) So I needed a huge dinner make-over.
I opted for a small can of solid white albacore tuna, mild chili seasoning, and The Laughing Cow Baby Swiss wedges. (BTW– swiss is on the bottom of the totem pole for me when it comes to cheese- but I needed some new kind of food foreplay.)
I personally was skeptical on mixing this unusual conglomerate together, but here are the basics…
- 1 can white albacore tuna in water
- 1 packet mild chili seasoning
- 1 Swiss wedge (The Laughing Cow)
- 1 box organic white cheddar Mac ‘N Cheese
- 3 tablespoons water
- Heat pan on low-medium with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fill separate saucepan with water for mac n cheese. Turn on high.
- In separate bowl while pan is heating, mix 1 can (drained) albacore tuna, a few spoonfuls of chili seasoning, 3 tablespoons of water and 1 swiss wedge.
- Place mixture into pan- stirring occasionally.
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO BURN!
- After about 4-6 minutes, turn off and pour tuna chili into clean bowl.
- By this time, water for macaroni should be boiling. Add in pasta and stir occasionally for about 7-10 minutes.
- Drain. Pour macaroni back into saucepan. Add in milk. Stir for 2 minutes.
*Keep in mind as always-substitutions are the spice of life!*