You are probably having Deja Vu as a few days ago I had posted another recipe with chickpeas as well.
I made this Saturday night and for once actually wished I could share the wealth. However, no one was home. *tear* I made it again tonight as it was super easy and quick to make after my tiring workout. (YES– I am back in the game after being sequestered to a room full of bad reality television marathons and raw noses for a week.)
What does it take to make this recipe? Spinach fettuccine, chickpeas, mushrooms, shredded cheese (optional), garlic, onions, gravy (I used 4-Cheese organic gravy by America’s Choice.)—Pretty basic.
- 1/4 cup (Brand: Al Dente) spinach fettuccine
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 mini can of unsalted mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup gravy
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (optional)
1. Spray medium-sized pan with cooking spray. Heat saucepan on low.
2. Add gravy, mushrooms, garlic, and onion. Raise heat to medium for 2 minutes.
3. Turn back to low and add in chickpeas.
4. While these are simmering, heat your water for the pasta. (The brand I chose only took about 3 minutes, so that’s why I waited to cook it.
5. Add in pasta.
6. After about 10-12 minutes of the gravy cooking, shut off. Let cool for 1 minute.
7. Drain pasta. Pour into bowl and layer gravy over top. Feel free to add cheese. (HUGE cheese lover- but I only had shredded so I used that. Typically, I would pair with fresh parmesan.) You could also add chicken, tofu, or any other kind of protein if you aren’t into beans.
What did you all have for dinner tonight?
Do any of you have a specific eating/supplement routine before or after working out?